How to File a Petition
In the e-People service, you can file a petition with Korean administrative agencies regarding the following matters:
- Requests for explanation or interpretation of administrative affairs -- including laws, institutions, and procedures -- through inquiry or consulting
- Suggestions on improving government policies or administration systems and their operations
- Requests to solve problems like administrative agencies' unlawful acts, unfair or passive measures, and unreasonable administrative systems that infringe on people's rights, cause difficulty, or impose an unnecessary burden on the people
- Requiring administrative agencies to take actions on other matters
- Overseas Koreans
- Foreigners living in Korea
01. Application & Handling Procedure
- 01 Access the
- Access our homepage (www.epeople.go.kr/petition/).
- 02 Multilingual
English , Vietnamese, Japanese, Oʻzbekcha, Chines, Cambodian, Thai, Nepali, bengali, Sinhala, Mongolia, Bahasa Indonesia, Russian, Myanmar language
- 03 How to File a Petition
- Check the application method & procedure. (Current Page)
- 04 (Submit a petition)
- Enter the petitioner's name, nationality, address, e-mail, and password when filing a petition.
Enter information and attach a file by using the downloaded form.
* Enter the petitioner's information in English.
* Remember the name, e-mail, and password used here to check your petition results.
- 05 Receiving of the petition
- Your petition will be assigned to the most suitable organization.
- 06 Handling of the petition
- The organization in charge will deal with your petition according to the relevant laws. The staff in charge enters the answers and sends the results to the e-mail entered.
- 07 My Petition
- Check the answers from the e-People service (www.epeople.go.kr/petition/)
* The name, e-mail, and password entered are required to check the answers.
02. Please note that the following matters may not be recognized as petitions:
- If petitioners who have concluded a legal contract with administrative agencies request an administrative agency to take certain action in direct connection with such legal contract.
- If unclear or invalid personal information has been provided, such as alias, false name, and/or address, in requesting an administrative agency to take certain action.
- If those who work for administrative agencies or public organizations request an administrative agency to take certain action with regard to public affairs.